Find alternatives to physical mail for sharing documents with youth
Use electronic calendars and text messages to share information about upcoming programming, and other materials, with youth, instead of sending physical copies in the mail.
Who Can Do This?:
Cost: Free (and you save on postage and printing)
The Problem It Solves
Many foster youth do not have reliable physical addresses, making it difficult to receive physical mail. In a multi-state discovery sprint with older foster youth, Think of Us found as many as 30% of mailed calendars returned to sender. This means as many as 30% of youth never learn about the programs being offered.
How To Do This
- Email program calendars and other materials
- Post your programming calendar online
- Use an online calendar that allows others to subscribe to your events (e.g. Eventbrite)
- Text a photo of the calendar or materials to youth
We are still collecting concrete data, but believe that this:
- Eliminates return mail rates of up to 30%
Who’s Doing This?
This play was contributed by Think of Us.