Resolve Minor Pending Items with Photos
Allow foster families to send pictures confirming resolution of minor pending items.
Who Can Do This?:
Anyone, but a licensing decision maker can make this official policy
The Problem It Solves
The safety inspection often identifies minor items that need to be fixed before passing, such as repairing a window or purchasing a newer crib. These minor items need to be validated by the inspector, and require a return visit.
How To Do This
- Create an approved list of inspection items that can be resolved via photo (e.g. beds, smoke detectors, home repairs).
- Instruct families with only minor pending items to email a photograph when it’s resolved. Store this photo with the family’s file.
- If you’re modernizing your IT system to include a foster family portal, request the ability for the family to upload attachments, which could include these photos.
We are still collecting concrete data, but suspect that this:
- Reduces the need for return visits
- Decreases the amount of time to completion
Who’s Doing This?
Indiana, Rhode Island